What information we collect:
When you place an order or contact us at Fir & Gold, we collect and process some of your personal data. To comply with data protection regulations, we are committed to keeping that information/data collected safe and protected. The data we collect and process is as follows:
- Identity Data which may include first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title, date of birth;
- Contact Data which includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers, or social media usernames if you contact us via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter;
- Financial Data if you place an order with us including bank account and payment card details/PayPal details;
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you via our website;
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Our site uses a secure server and the software within it protects your information whenever you place an order. This software encrypts all the information you input before it is sent to us, which minimises the risk of data being intercepted by third parties.
How we use your personal information:
We use certain trusted third parties to provide services to our business such as printing services and delivery companies. In order for us to fulfil your order, we will need to share some of your personal details such as your name, address and contact number, with these third parties. Please be assured that your information will never be made public and will only be passed on to those third companies in order to fulfil your order.
We use your personal information for the following:
- To process your order made via our website or our Etsy store;
- To contact you regarding your order, including emailing confirmation of purchase;
- To take secure payment for your order via credit/debit card or PayPal transaction;
- To pass on to our outsourced third party printing company in order to fulfil your order;
- To pass on to third party delivery companies in order to ship your order;
- To add your order to our business administration records;
- To receive any reviews you would like to give us and publically share these via our website and social media platforms for other potential clients to read;
- To understand and analyse our customer demographic for marketing purposes.
We delete your personal data one year after you have placed your last order with us.
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you. We aim to respond as soon as practicable but within one month at the latest. We do not charge a fee to respond to your request:
- to ask for a copy of data we hold about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data. Asides exceptional circumstances (for example where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will delete your personal information upon request;
- to make a complaint your local data protection authority should you have any concerns over the way in which we process personal information.
To make a request in relation to any of your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our website may contain links to third-party websites, which may have their own privacy and security policies. We are not responsible for the information, activities or practices that take place on these sites, so it is always recommend that you review the privacy and security policy on their websites.
Our Website also uses website analytics, including Google Analytics, to evaluate and improve our Website, personalise your experience and to offer the best, most accessible service possible to all our visitors.
To find out more about Google Analytics and to learn how to opt out, please visit:
How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps, or https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
When you visit our Website, these analytics service providers may collect the following data, which will almost always be anonymised and aggregated before reporting back to us:
We process this information to understand how visitors use our Website and to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together, so we know that, for example, most of the visitors to our Website come from England).
This processing is crucial to the running of our online business and we therefore undertake such monitoring in the pursuit of our legitimate interests in improving our Website to provide a better service and source of information to visitors.
This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
I, Layla Holzer or Fir & Gold, am the data controller. This means that I determine the purposes for which, and the way in which personal data are processed. As a data controller I will comply with all applicable data protection laws.
Should you have concerns about the way we process your data or would like us to stop processing your data please contact me at email@example.com